Saturday, January 10, 2009

Let's Get it Started

Top ten things I want to see in 2009...



Sorry for the disappearing act on here guys. The last couple of week I've had to do some actual work and raise my kid and some other boring, unbasketball related stuff. Anyways, I got a couple of ideas, hopes, and dreams that I'd like to share that will hopefully make 09 shine.


10. Charles Barkley escapes from rehab, shows up unannounced in white jumpsuit at Inside the NBA set.


9. David Stern takes the All-Star vote away from Chi...uh...the fans.


8. Donnie Walsh and Stephon Marbury settle on a buyout...by having a WWE-style cage match!


7. Danny Ainge gets caught up in life.


6. Darius Miles gets his groove back with the Grizz, drops 20 on the Blazers, flips off Paul Allen.


5. Mark Cuban admits he was wrong, not just about Avery, Dirk, and Devin, but about anything in general.


4. Kenyon Martin keeps randomly shooting threes and dunking on people like it's 2001.

Now this guy can't feel his face!

3. Tim Thomas hits three, starts to do his "can't feel my face" thing with his hand, trips and pokes his eye out.


2. In the middle of Wizards practice, Caron Butler sees Gil typing on his ibook on the bench, proceeds to take ibook from Gil and smash over and over on the scorers' table. Caron returns to practice, no words are said.


1. Mamba gets his pinkie ring.




19 comments:

Justin Walsh said...

I'd love to see a Donnie Walsh Starbury Cage Match. And The D-Miles line? YUM. I can see it now. Darius drops 18 actually to symbolize the 18 million added to the blazers cap space, then flips off Paul Allen with an APPLE COMPUTERS tattoo on his middle finger to fuck with the microsoft thing, then proceeds to do a flava flav-esque line when cheryl miller asks how he feels about playing his former team "THEY GOTS TO PAY MEEEE BOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIII"

Moose said...

Number three and two left me laughing. Nice work, B. Long. And I voted for Justin Walsh and SLAM.

Oh yeah, and nice Ryan Gomes picture. Best believe I have a green number 4 Gomes jersey. That I got for 10 bucks after he got traded. Sales are wonderful.

Hursty said...

I dunno about tripping and poking his eye out, but if he fell that'd be enough for me.
It's funny that now people are happy to have Darius, when he has such a representation as a dickhead. The lesser of two evils perhaps?

Justin Walsh said...

DANG, I Love that I'm in the poll question! Thanks!

Hursty said...

Well, you're winning because I've voted for you several times :)

Although I think Eboy may have voted for his son.

B. Long said...

I figured you'd get a kick out of that, Justin.

Justin Walsh said...

I got quite a few kicks out of it B. LONG! :D

Eboy said...

Wouldn't Kobe need to win a fourth ring before he got one for his pinky?

B. Long said...

In Magic Don Juan's guide to wearing pimp jewelery it says you should always accessorize the pinkie before the thumb. Are you excited about the game tonight, E?

Eboy said...

It shouldn't be close.....although I though that last time too. I think the Lakers will wear them down though....and Wade has a problem with his arm from the Kings game on Friday. He might not even play.

B. Long said...

I just hope the Lakers actually post up Bynum and get the ball inside to Gasol. They acted like a 2001 version of Zo was patrolling the paint last time.

Anonymous said...

The only thing I'd love more about seeing No. 2 happen is if Nick Young was taping the entire thing, providing some of his wacky commentary. Great list, B.!

B. Long said...

Thanks Ryne. I was gonna put down something about another Tony Allen video on Slam but I didn't want to jinx it.

Eboy said...

BabyE is coming on strong, son!!!!!!!!!!!! And I only voted once!!!!!

Justin Walsh said...

BabyE will eventually overtake me in the poll- you can't be victorious over a baby, especially not one of EBOY lineage. For the record I was number one for days over the already mortal lock for HOF man BABYE haha

Eboy said...

Oddly, BabyE is actually 4 years old now now, so he truly should be Eboy and I should just retire.

B. Long said...

Eboy 2.0?

Anonymous said...

i voted for Bay-Bay E just so i can teach Eboy's son how life is. Also Gilbert Arenas hasnt balled in like 70000 years so he is nada.

Justin Walsh said...

B Long I have a new piece on SLAM that needs some Long Love. Check it out,

http://slamonline.com/online/media/slam-tv/2009/01/video-doing-no-favors/