Tuesday, February 3, 2009

B. Long's (Overdue) Weekly review

He's baaaack!

What it do, fellas? Sorry about the disappearing act the past couple of weeks. My company is going through a merger right now and the office has been similar to a Turkish prison the past couple of weeks. Maybe I should quit my day job just pull a Kobe and charge people for reading my blog. What's fifty dollars times five? Time to give up that allowance money, Moose! LOL. Anyways speaking of my main man Mamba, dude went bonkers last night. Watching Wilson Chandler, who is definitely one of my favorite underrated players in the L, try and guard Kobe last night was just brutal. The sad part was that Kobe wasn't just getting wide open looks at the basket, it was that Wilson actually played pretty damn good defense on a lot of possessions but turns out there isn't much you can do when guy is hitting double pump fade away sideways jumpers over and over. The timing was perfect.

That's right, kids. The guy every one loves to hate and I love to love is gracing the cover of the greatest basketball mag known to man, SLAM magazine. The ironic thing is that the first time I ever got my name in the NOYZ section in SLAM was in the Paul Pierce championship issue and this is the first issue that I know I won't have any work in the mag. But at least Eboy is getting a shout out so I'm sure he's excited about that. Timing...great for Kobe, sucks for E and me. Now on to actual basketball news that people will care about.

As I'm sure everyone already knows, Drew is out for at least two months. Which really really sucks for Laker fans everywhere who were excited about the way he had played recently, especially against Tim Duncan. But, as always in L.A., drama has it's way of poking it's ugly head out when everything seems to be clicking, Kobe nosedives into Young Drew's knee. Now last night was a helluva way to say I'm sorry, but Kobe can't do that on a nightly basis and expect to keep winning at the rate they are currently. I think the Lakers will still hold on to the top spot in the West, but it's gonna be an interesting second half of the season for the purple and gold for sure. Pau and Lamar, it's your time to shine, fellas.

4 comments:

B. Long said...

And Yes, Report Card Time part tres will be out shortly.

Justin Walsh said...

B. Long, as usual outstanding work, I am really excited for this ish too, my name is finally on the masthead :D

Moose said...

Really Justin! Great! And B, if you think that I'd pay you to read your blog then you've got another thing coming. Just raggin' buddy. BTW, the SLAM ish that I am appearing in (with no 'Bachi plug, sorry fellas) will be coming out on March 5, not the latest one. Under the name of Moose. I'm still reppin' Bachi with that!

KWAPT said...

Good stuff. I am like a kid on Xmas Eve as I'm going to tomorrow night's game. I am Celtics fan for life, but any fan of the game enjoys watching Kobe play. Should be a great game...