Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Christmas Come Early!

Thank you SLAM FAMILIA...

I just received an e-mail from Susan Price at SLAM informing me that I will be the proud new owner of Kobe's Hyperdunks that were used in his viral video campaign last year, signed by the Mamba himself. No Eboy, I did not jizz in my pants. For those of you who need a refresher course on Mamba Marketing 101, Kobe rocked the Hyperdunks in two diffrent youtube vids last year. One jumping over a moving Aston Martin, another jumping over a pool of snakes with the cast of Jackass.



Can't say thank you enough to Susan, Ben, Ryne, and anyone else at SLAM who contributed to this incredibly awesome hookup. No mag on the planet takes care of their people like SLAM. No word on which pair I'm getting yet, the Aston Martins or the Snake Pool ones, but either one will be equally amazing considering not only will they be autographed by Kobe but they'll also have a great story to go with it. I 'll be posting pics as soon as the UPS man pulls out of the driveway. Thanks Again.

11 comments:

Hursty said...

Fu*k you referring to anyone. Not simply B.
Peace out- the redux.(hopefully).






pps- Kobe smells :P

Moose said...

Why??? Dude, I am so jealous. Why'd you get them??

Eboy said...

I love it. Ben has sent a couple of things my way too over time....and I just know they have a ton of class for hooking up their readers/sometime contributors like they do. Enjoy 'em.

Justin Walsh said...

yeah, I gotta say, SLAM does their fanbase and contributers right. I think that's why SLAM will always be around, they have a big reader base, but they treat them like they have just ten fans, always being courteous enough to talk to us and help us out, jibe back n forth about silly debates. for real, when I first started reading, I had no clue.

B. Long said...

Thanks for the love guys, they've sent me some cool stuff in the past but nothing in this league. And Walsh, I'm gonna make my son sign that contract in blood.

Moose said...

What other kinds of cool stuff? I want some cool stuff!! haha, jk.

B. Long said...

Mostly limited edition t-shirts, Moose, some were sent for contest wins and some were sent out of the goodness of Ben's heart.

Moose said...

And that heart is good, as shown here.

Anonymous said...

Awesome possum shit B.Long! i have to buy all my slam stuff, but i dont do it for the material i do it for love!

Moose said...

CHECK HIBACHI FOR A POST VERY SIMILAR TO THIS ONE.

KWAPT said...

Cool..you're the proud owner of the 2008-09 MVP runner up's sneaks. Good stuff. You can put them on EBay in 25 years and put your kids through college! Congrats though really-good score.